Country SAKSS and Capacity Needs Assessments
With an eye to building institutional and technical capacity, ReSAKSS works with the CAADP teams to set up or strengthen country Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support Systems (country SAKSS) rooted in the existing local capacities and infrastructure. The country SAKSS is a critical instrument for supporting the review of and dialogue on CAADP implementation at the country level.
SAKSS platforms have been launched in a total of 14 countries, including Benin, Burkina Faso, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, and Zimbabwe. Established SAKSS platforms are already supporting country agricultural sector review and mutual accountability processes by providing policy-relevant analyses, data, and tools to guide policymaking, fill knowledge gaps, and promote dialogue. In addition, capacity needs assessments (CNAs) have been completed and validated in 19 countries, as a first step to setting up or strengthening a SAKSS platform. CNA reports have been published for 14 countries. Outcomes of the assessments are being used to develop country capacity-strengthening strategies and help direct the work of each country’s SAKSS.
To improve analysis and visualization of policy data, ReSAKSS has been developing country eAtlases. These are a core tool of the SAKSS platforms for mapping highly disaggregated data on agricultural, socioeconomic, and biophysical indicators in a centralized and interactive system. The eAtlases, now operational in 23 countries, improve country data and knowledge management and help policy analysts and policy makers to access and use subnational level data to guide agricultural policy and investment decisions.
Download CNA reports:
- ReSAKSS CNS Report # 14 – Zimbabwe | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNS Report # 13 – Eswatini | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNA Report # 12 – Togo | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNS Report # 11 – Niger | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNA Report # 10 – Burkina Faso | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNA Report # 9 – Uganda | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNA Report # 8 – Kenya | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNA Report # 7 – Tanzania | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNA Report # 6 – Zambia | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNA Report # 5 – Ghana | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNA Report # 4 – Mozambique | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNA Report # 3 – Ethiopia | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNA Report # 2 – Rwanda | DOWNLOAD
- ReSAKSS CNA Report # 1 – Malawi | DOWNLOAD